During the enrolment process, students are asked to provide personal information
and to agree to the purposes for which it may be used.
Information that will be passed to Tutors:
- Student’s name
- Support learning needs
- A copy of the student’s Individual Learning Plan
- Student’s phone number in case of an emergency
- Details of a named person to contact in an emergency
Please note that student’s health records are not accessible to course Tutors.
During the workshops, students do not have to mention anything at all about their
professional life, history or mental health problems. If students do share anything
this will be treated in confidence unless the Tutors assess that someone’s safety is
In line with the Data Protection Act (1998), any student may request to view
information held about them by the Recovery College.
Information shared during the course, between students will remain confidential.
However there are certain times when we may need to share your information with
other professionals, services or agencies. These include:
- If there is concern that a child is at risk from harm
- If there is concern that you are putting another person at risk of harm
- If you have threatened to do serious harm to yourself